Thursday, April 10, 2008

Extract from Memoirs

I went to South America in 1927 and left in 1968, so that my period of service extended over 41 years.
I went to Peru as a teacher in the Anglo Peruvian College in Lima, a boys college, which functions under the auspices of the Free Church of Scotland and is one of the most prestigious colleges in Peru. I was a full-time teacher there for 12 years and a part time teacher till my retirement in 1968. From 1934 onwards I was a lecturer in the Peruvian Bible Institute and became General Secretary to the National Evangelical Council of Peru upon the formation of this body in 1940 and continued to serve in this capacity till my retirement. I also founded a Bible Institute for the Lowland Indians of Peruvian Amazonia in 1957. This now functions under the auspices of the Swiss Indian Mission. I took part in the founding of the Lima Evangelical Seminary in 1962. I was Vice Rector and taught Church History and Systematic Theology. In 1968 I was decorated by the Peruvian Government and made a Knight Commander of the Order of Magisterial Palms for Distinguished services to education. Although always based in Lima I traveled extensively both in Peru and the rest of the Continent. Memoirs (Interview)

No comments: